Thursday, October 7, 2010

Last Hour Of Life

"Last hour of life

We are lying here counting the stars 
asking where the years have gone.
Dreaming away about things that are past,
thoughts about how things might have been.

The wind is caressing our skin,
a feeling of serenity
blowing away past sins.

Who would have thought we would end up here,
on the top of the world naked and fair.
The moon is shining a melancholy mood
as I’m trying to tell you my feelings for you.

What a pretty gem you turned out to be.
So gracious and free,
to beautiful for a blackened soul like me.

As the night goes on and the wind blows its lulling song
I realize that this is the end of the road for me,
I stand up and move to the edge of the world,
turning my head with a trickling tear.

I start to fall ending it all with a single thought.
My only regret in life came to be--
that I never explained my love for thee.

Ole Morten Støbakk

No comments:

Post a Comment